All of our dehydrated treats and food are proudly made in our own Canadian facility. With controls over our own manufacturing, we can assure you the best quality products and highest levels of food safety.
At Crumps’ naturals, food safety is our #1 priority and we are committed to continuous improvement. We are an SQF (a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) management scheme), USDA and CFIA approved facility and for the last six years have undergone voluntary annual third party audits.
Here are just a few ways we are committed to food safety:
- 100% traceability of all our raw materials, ingredients, packaging and finished products
- Our entire team is regularly trained in our good manufacturing practices
- We insist on the highest food safety standards from all our suppliers and continually vet and monitor for consistency and adherence to our standards
- We are careful about where ingredients are sourced and wherever possible source ingredients only from North America. No ingredients are sourced in China.
- We regularly sample incoming ingredients, raw materials and finished product and send to a third party lab for analysis; this includes heavy metal testing, ingredient composition and microbiological testing to name a few
- In addition to one entire shift devoted to cleaning and sanitation, we swab equipment, drains and food contact surfaces on a daily basis to verify standards are met
To learn more about GFSI